FIRST official https://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/flljr/core-values
We express the FIRST philosophies of Gracious Professionalism and Coopertition through our Core Values:
- Discovery: We explore new skills and ideas.
- Innovation: We use creativity and persistence to solve problems.
- Impact: We apply what we learn to improve our world.
- Inclusion: We respect each other and embrace our differences.
- Teamwork: We are stronger when we work together.
- Fun: We enjoy and celebrate what we do!
Difference Between a Boss and a Leader
Examples of Excellent Teamwork
Taken from FLL Judge Guide-Power Puzzle.pdf
Roles & Responsibilities
- Clearly defined roles
- Workload is distributed fairly and team members understand each other’s Roles
- Team members assist each other without being asked
- Team members fill each other’s roles (happily!), if needed
- Team members give concrete examples of learning time management
- Team members give concrete examples of respect for teammates
- Team members show increased awareness of their school/community including concrete examples
- Team members clearly discuss how this increased awareness translates into other areas of their lives
- Team members give concrete examples of how they have helped each other/others
Problem solving and Team Dynamics
- A problem was identified and the team worked together to find a solution
- Various solutions were tested and then incorporated
- Team accepts input from all and sees the big picture in their overall goals
- Team members show other’s roles by entire team making decisions
- Collaboration and coownership are dominant themes with the members recognizing interdependence
Confidence and Enthusiasm
- All team members speak to the judges showing confidence in themselves as well as the team
- Team members show equal investment in FLL
- Members enthusiastically work together to include each other
- Group articulates a clear understanding of the FLL experience
- Team gives concrete examples of new skills acquired and their interest in the subject areas