Important (This Season FLL Launch Rules are Not the Same)
- Interrupting the Robot even partly in the Launch Area can cause you to lose a Precision Token. To avoid this interrupt the robot when fully in Home.
- You and the robot are not allowed to be touching any jig at the time of a Launch. But the robot may touch if the jig is completely in the Launch Area.
This means there are two allowable ways to use a jig:
- For any kind of jig you can align the Robot against the jig, pull the jig completely into Home, then Launch.
- For jigs that fit and stay completely in the launch area you can align the Robot against the jig, let go of the jig, then Launch, leaving the jig as is, untouched until the next Robot Interruption (For example: When the robot comes back to home).
Important (How to decide if your stack is “in”)
- For M12 and M13, look at the whole Stack, not just Level 1, to decide if it is “in.” A Stack is partly in a Circle if ANY bit of the Stack is outside of the Circle’s interior or line and is Completely In a Circle if EVERY bit of the Stack is in the the Circle’s interior or line.